Director of Information Technology
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Information Technology is responsible for timely and effective information systems service and support to the Physicians and staff of the Steadman Clinic. The
Director functions as the primary resource for all IT infrastructures within the clinic and as the liaison between the Steadman Philippon Research Institute and Vail Valley Medical Center IT
Department to ensure continuous effective operation of all practice IT and telecom systems. The Director will lead all efforts for needs assessments, product evaluation, IT policies and
procedures, security administration, and system conversion planning and implementation and effectively manage the desktop support and systems troubleshooting needs of the clinic.
CLASSIFICATION: This is a fulltime, year round, exempt 24/7 role.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILTIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises and evaluates IT staff ensuring quality and quantity of output and overall performance level of the department.
- Planning and execution of support, maintenance and new projects relating to telecommunications and clinical information system and integration.
- Confer with users to gain understanding of requirements for new hardware/software and needed changes or modifications of existing programs.
- Responsible for providing desktop support, hardware/software installation and maintenance.
- Effectively manage information systems needs including capacity planning, backup and recovery, object migration, disaster recovery, and maintaining standards and best practices.
- Prepare and control project budgets and prepare financial forecasts for IT equipment purchasing and consultant/vendor services.
- Manage vendor relationships and monitor performance against statement of work or service level agreements.
- Supervise the ordering, acquisition, inventorying, and disposition of hardware and software.
- Recommend needs for additional skills or training within the IS department. Actively seeks and coordinates internal or external training for IT staff to enhance capabilities.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights.
- Manage and ensure HIPAA guidelines regarding information technology and information services equipment and access authorizations according to HIPAA policy and procedure manual.
- Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial, or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form which may jeopardize the privacy of patients.
- Accesses and uses the minimum necessary patient identifiable information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for authorized purposes.
- Maintain personal commitment to the Steadman Clinic mission and values.
- Interpret, administer and follow policies as established in the Employee Handbook.
- Attend regular staff meetings and other required meetings.
- Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree required; major in Computer Science or Information Technology strongly preferred.
- Five years experience in the healthcare industry required.
- Prior experience with network operations, server and storage platforms, capacity planning, disaster recovery, business continuity planning, information security, risk management & compliance.
- Excellent organization, communication (both written and verbal), and interpersonal skills required.
- Proven history of ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment; excellent critical thinking skills, ability to work independently, and manage time and projects effectively.
- Demonstrated problem solving and work flow management skills required.
- Must be energetic, quality driven and have proven ability to be productive member of a cohesive team of peers dedicated to providing optimum patient care.
- Must maintain a professional attitude towards patients and an excellent and collegial working relationship with other Steadman Clinic, Steadman-Philippon Research Institute,
and hospital personnel in involved in delivering patient care.
- Experience migrating to, supporting, and maintaining a Microsoft Exchange 2010 environment.
- Experience with configuring Cisco Firewalls.
- Knowledgeable in configuring HP, Dell, Cisco, and Force10 switching equipment.
- Experienced in the configuration and maintenance of Aruba Wireless networks.
- 5 years' experience minimum in configuring and maintaining a VMware server environment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires full range of body motion and adequate finger dexterity.
- Occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Requires normal visual acuity and hearing.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical office conditions.
- Requires working under stress on occasion.
- Works with a variety of highly confidential, sensitive information.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Certified Athletic Trainer- Fellowship Program
One-year full time fellowship position. Please visit How to apply for the Athletic Training Fellowship Program