Our Privacy Obligations
Responsibilities of The Steadman Clinic
Use and Disclosure Of Health Information
Your Protected Health Information may be used and disclosed for treatment, payment, healthcare operations, and other purposes permitted or required by law.
We may use and disclose your Protected Health Information for the following purposes:
1. Treatment. We may use or disclose your Protected Health Information for treatment purposes. For example, we may use your Protected Health Information to perform our testing services and disclose your Protected Health Information, including laboratory test results, to physicians and other health care providers involved in your care.
2. Payment. We may use or disclose your Protected Health Information to obtain payment for health care services we provide. For example, we may disclose your information to your health plan to receive payment for the services provided to you.
3. Health Care Operations. We may use and disclose your Protected Health Information for our health care operations. These activities include, for example, monitoring the quality of our testing services, reviewing the competence or qualifications of laboratory professionals, conducting training programs, performing accreditation, certification, licensing and credentialing activities, and other business and administrative functions.
5. Communications About Our Products and Services. We may use and disclose your Protected Health Information to contact you about our products and services which we believe may be of interest to you where you have signed an authorization or release which permits use of medical information.
6. As Required by Law. We must disclose your Protected Health Information when required to do so by any applicable federal, state or local law.
7. Health Oversight Activities. We may disclose your Protected Health Information to a health care oversight agency for activities that are authorized by law, such as audits, investigations, inspections, and licensure activities. For example, we may disclose your Protected Health Information to agencies responsible for ensuring compliance with the rules of government health programs such as Medicare or Medicaid.
8. Research. Under certain conditions, we may use or disclose Protected Health Information for research purposes. We may allow researchers to look at Protected Health Information to develop a study, identify prospective research participants, or for similar purposes provided that the information is not removed from our premises.
9. Disclosures to Business Associates. We may disclose your Protected Health Information to other companies or individuals, known as "business associates," who need your information to provide services to us. For example, we may use another company to perform billing services on our behalf. Our business associates are required to protect the privacy of your Protected Health Information.
10. Judicial and Administrative Proceedings. Under certain circumstances, we may disclose your Protected Health Information in the course of a judicial or administrative proceeding in response to a court order, subpoena, or other lawful process.
11. Law Enforcement; Threats to Health or Safety. We may disclose your Protected Health Information to the police or other law enforcement officials as required by law or in compliance with a court order, warrant, subpoena, summons, or similar process authorized by law. Under certain circumstances, we also may disclose Protected Health Information to law enforcement officials when the information is needed to: identify or locate a missing person or a suspect, fugitive, or material witness; determine whether an individual has been a victim of a crime; determine if a death resulted from criminal conduct; or investigate suspected criminal activity on our premises. We may also disclose Protected Health Information if necessary to prevent or reduce the risk of a serious and imminent threat to the health or safety of an individual or the general public.
12. Workers Compensation. We may disclose your Protected Health Information as necessary to comply with requirements of workers' compensation or similar programs that provide benefits for work-related injuries or illness without regard to fault.
13. All Other Uses and Disclosures of Protected Health Information. We will ask for your written authorization before using or disclosing your Protected Health Information for any purpose not described above. You may revoke your authorization, in writing, at any time, except that a revocation will not affect any use or disclosures we have made in reliance on your authorization.
You have the following rights with respect to your Protected Health Information. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Questions And Complaints
If you want more information about our privacy practices pertaining to Protected Health Information, or have general questions or concerns, please contact us at the below:
The Steadman Clinic, Professional LLC
Attn: Lyon Steadman, President
181 West Meadow Drive, Suite 400
Vail, Colorado 81657
May 1, 2013
March 26, 2013
March 16, 2013
March 9, 2013
March 8, 2013
February 26, 2013
November 15, 2012
August 6, 2012